Welcome! The Lutheran Elementary School Association (LESA) is blessed to offer financial aid to children in kindergarten through 8th grade from economically disadvantaged families who wish to attend LESA-member Lutheran elementary schools in the metro St. Louis area through its Building Blocks Scholarship Fund.
Our mission is to touch the lives of children and families through an academically-focused, faith-based elementary school experience to make a positive impact on their future. Funding for Building Blocks scholarships is raised through LESA’s fund development programs and earnings from LESA’s scholarship endowment.
LESA also partners with the Missouri District LCMS in administration of their Scholarship Program which provides need-based tuition assistance to students in kindergarten through 8th grade who are enrolled in Missouri District elementary schools. Funding for this program is made available through the Loftus Trust, a tuition-assistance fund gifted to the Missouri District. This application is also used to apply for tuition assistance for families in need of special services through the Lutheran Association of Special Education (LASE).
- Scholarships do not renew automatically. Families seeking assistance with the cost of tuition through the LESA Building Blocks, LASE or Missouri District programs must apply for funding each year, as available funding varies from year-to-year based on fundraising success, and the number of students qualifying for assistance varies each year. Completing the application does not guarantee that a scholarship will be provided.
- To apply for assistance, families must submit an online application. Only online applications will be reviewed.
- In addition to completing the application and paying the $34 application fee, families must provide 2016 federal income tax documents to substantiate financial need as well as W2 statements and paycheck stubs.
- Only one application per family, per year is required to apply for tuition-assistance through all three financial aid funds.
- 2017-2018 Family Information for Tuition Assistance
Applications which are submitted online no later than April 1, 2017 and which have been verified through a review process by (TADS) and rated GOOD by April 15, 2017, will be eligible for funding consideration. An application rated GOOD is one which has undergone a review process that substantiates financial information provided by the family in the online application process with the income documentation the family submits.
Families and schools will be notified by LESA, Building Blocks, Missouri District or LASE of the award determination in late May or early June 2017. All applications received after this date will be considered on a case by case basis if funds remain.
Please do not hesitate to contact the LESA office for Building Blocks or Missouri District at 314.268.1520 or the LASE office at 314.200.0790. Questions on these tuition-aid programs or the TADS office at 1-800-884-8237 if you have questions on the application process.